One way to simplify meals is to cook some extra food for dinner that can be incorporated into breakfast the following day. Let’s say you are having Grilled Steak and baked potatoes – throw an extra steak on the grill and a couple of sweet potatoes in the oven with your baked potatoes.
Time – 20 minutes
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil – more if needed
- 1 small onion – coarsely chopped
- 1/2 red pepper – seeded and coarsely chopped
- 1 cooked sweet potato – cut in 1/2 inch dice
- 1 lb rib eye, or NY Strip – your choice, cooked rare and cut into 1/2 inch dice when cool
- 1 tsp sweet paprika
- 4 tbsp coarsely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
- In a large heavy skillet, heat 3 tbsp vegetable oil over medium heat.
- Add onion, red pepper, and sweet potatoes – cook 10 minutes – stirring occasionally
- Add beef, paprika, 3 tbsp parsley, and salt & pepper
- Increase heat to high to cook hash, turning occasionally until browned – 5 minutes
- Serve on platter or warm plates – garnish with remaining parsley
- Serve with eggs – anyway you like them!